- Working In India – Ladies Work The Tea Plantations
- Glenbow Overcomes The Brown Season
- People In The Spanish Streets
- Get Thee To Zaragoza (Spain)
- Waterways of St Petersburg, Russia
- Modernista Rules In Old City (Cuitat Vella), Valencia
- Mongolia Nadaam Excitement
- San Diego – Petco Park After Hours
- Santiago Calatrava in Valencia, Spain
- Timeless La Alhambra, Spain
- Two Dimensional Frogs And Other Andalucian Delicacies
- Wildflowers On Every Andalucia Road
- Seville, Spain – April Is Party Time
- Cordoba, Spain – A Catholic Cathedral Inside A Mosque
- Monochrome Madrid
- Madrid, Spain – Cover Your Drinks
- Canadian Prairie In Between Seasons
- More In-Between Season At Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park
- Mongolian Horse Race Warm Up
- San Diego – Night Impressions
- California Desert Bloom In Spring
- Behind The Scenes – Mongolian Horse Race
- Beauty Among The Teas
- Siberian Art On Every Street
- Indian Labour, Land of Contrast
- Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park – In Between Seasons
- Oh, The Places You’ll Go (On A Bicycle)
- Joshua Trees Reaching To Heaven
- Bombay Beach, Salton Sea For A Different Nostalgia
- Cuba Street Photography – Who Says Tropical Must Be Colorful?
- Salton Sea – American White Pelicans
- What Is Tall, Spiny and Has 75 Year Old Arms?
- School Days – King Edward School, Calgary
- Steampunk Fun
- The Salton Sea –Pelicans, Egrets and Terns, Oh My!
TagsAlberta Beijing Calgary California Canadian Canadian Rocky Mountains Cuba desert food Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park history India Indian landscape landscape photography Mongolia Mongolian monochromatic monochrome nature nature photography North America northern India old outdoor photography park people photography portrait portrait photography portraiture prairie Rajasthan Russia Siberia Spain spring street street photography summer travel travel photography water wildlife winter
Tag Archives: dog
Winter Walks Part III
Winter mornings are stimulating, you know it as soon as you step outside.
Guaranteed, there will be chill, but what about the thrill. Sometimes sharing the wee hours with someone infected with the desire to be out of bed in the dark is the ticket. Take a lesson from the dog world, they have attitude. Grab an enthusiastic dog who has been expressing the need to explore since the moment it heard you stirring from a long winter’s overnight nap and watch it beat you to the door. Any other overeager companion will do in a pinch. Gusto and passion on a wintry morning, even before the coffee has commenced it’s spell, that’s all you need to get out the door. Don’t forget your camera and a few trusty filters to hold back that beaming warm sun.
For more on winter walks creativity, see also:
More Pet Photography
This frenzied moment was too good to pass up and with a little planning the capture fell into place. A group of loose dogs often has one animal wound up into action mode. The English Bulldog started making large territorial circles around it’s owner and a few other more dormant dogs, repetitively, making predictable passes in the same direction. That is the cue to read the light quickly and attempt an image capture. If the action maintained the pace and predictability, there could be a shot here. Waiting for the moment for the moving mass of dog flesh to pass by what can only be described as a “bewildered” pug was clocked out this time although, more often than not, these events fizzle as quickly as they spring up.